Construction has now commenced as of May 2017. The excavation and piling contractors are
piling the retaining walls and excavating the basements. This phase of the build is expected to take 3 months.
Please continue to check the link below for periodically for updates.
We have received the below updates for The Vic apartments in Brunswick East.
Preliminaries completed and construction is now able to commence
· Amended plans were lodged with City of Moreland on 11 August 2016 and were approved on 21 December 2016
· Demolition of the old warehouse was completed in December with the removal of the concrete slab
· The environmental audit and assessment have also been completed and we have received the all clear
· The power lines on Victoria Street needed to repositioned by extending the stays on the existing poles to the maximum distance out from the proposed building
· The agreement with the electricity authority was executed on 28 October 2016 and the works were completed on 7 February 2017
· We were not able to remove the power lines completely as this would have entailed removing all of the power poles between Nicholson Street to almost 20 metres past Aintree Street and it was not possible to obtain approval given the number of other properties that would also have needed to be upgraded.
· With the conclusion of all of the above we are now ready to commence construction onsite which is expected to occur in March.
· The project is almost sold out with only 3 apartments remaining for sale
Please continue to check http://thevicapartments.com.au/updates.html for updates